3 days in Sevilla

After a short 4-hour road trip from Lisbon, we arrived in the beautiful city of Seville. I had been there before, millions of times according to my parents, sadly I was too young to remember anything. I had always wanted to go back and get to know this wonderful city once again. You can now imagine my state of happiness after my parents told me and my brother that we would road trip there. I love to travel, being one of my bucket list items to go to every country, and this three-day trip was perfect to get to know Seville and still have a lot of fun. 




We arrived in Spain during lunch time and made our first stop in a small tapas place for some lunch. I had the traditional gazpacho, which is a cold tomato soup, it was so needed with a 40° weather. Followed by some pasta and melon for dessert. We got back in the car and before noticing, we arrived in Sevilla. We stayed in a very cute place, hidden in a straight street, in midtown called Nochela Sevilla. The rooms had a fresh vibe to it and the lobby a very traditional.





During that afternoon we took a walk towards Plaza de España. The centre is absolutely gorgeous and I took that chance to take as many photos as I could possible take. Afterwards, it was starting to get closer to dinner time and so we walked back up to the shopping bit where all the restaurants were at, stopping at a very cute esplanade where we had some food. My parents split between the two tapas and I had a lovely plate of (vegetable) paella. We drank some sangria, which I must say was a bit too alcoholic for any of our tastes since the thing we enjoy and appreciate about this drink is the freshness and sugary flavour from the fruit.  When we were finishing our dinner some street dancers started to perform Las Sevillanas, which brought me back so many memories from when I used to dance. They were mesmerising, with beautiful arm movements and strong tap, I wanted to get in there and finish the dance with them. During our walk back to the hotel at (if I'm not wrong) 11 p.m., we could still feel the burning heat from the day until it started to rain on us right at the entrance. 





On the next day, we sadly didn't catch such a lovely day filled with sunshine but that didn't keep us from wanting to explore the city. We started by going to Basilica Macarena and saw their beautiful treasure. Walking down we took a different path through different streets where we got to see so many different forms of art from amazing architecture to street art. For lunch, we were back in midtown, my parents and brother had burgers and I a salad at The Good Burger. As much as I was craving a good vegan burger their ones had egg, which made me quite sad, but I still had a big ass salad, so it's all good.  Afterwards, we went to see the Cathedral of Seville, a stunning church. I personally get so mesmerised when I visit such places since I learned all about them in school and saw them in books and now I can see the real thing! We took a chance and went up the Giralda, and after walking up very long ramps, we got to see an amazing view of Seville. It was a great way to finish our afternoon we then headed to the hotel for a quick, and well deserved, freshen up. For dinner, we went down near the cathedral and found a very nice place where I had a delicious (no cheese) risotto. We struggled back to the hotel as we already had walked almost 20km in the burning heat that day. 





The next morning we started our day as usual and went to a coffee shop near us to get some breakfast. We started to get ready to go to Sevilla's main attraction, Isla Mágica! It wasn't much later that we were standing in the front door of the water park. We were part of the first few that got in and last ones to get out. The four of us started by deciding our route trying to check all the attractions from the map. We started by a cute water fight where he had to defend our tiny family boat against other families, following that with the Anaconda ride, and a lot more crazy water rides we were still soaking wet at lunch time. Later we went to check out their newest bit: Aqua Mágica. The place was filled with slides that I was too afraid to get on, but I got to go on a slow rafting around them and on a wave pool. In that weather, it was great to catch some shade and dive for a bit. Afterwards, we went to grab some food as it was getting closer to the closing ceremony. Sadly the only option I had was some pasta with tomato sauce, it wasn't the best but was enough to keep me energised for the final shows. We got to see some horses dancing, towards which I have mix feelings about followed by an amazing acting/light show to close the day. 


At the end of the day, we returned to the hotel for one last night and packed up to leave in the morning. It was a great trip and Seville is beautiful. Thankfully it wasn't that hard for me to find vegan meals, I just learned that I won't always have the best foods but I can't let that keep me from having fun!


For more photos check my Instagram!

Love,
xx

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! Wish I could go and visit Sevilla one day!

    www.popangelscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top